As important as the right dishwasher detergent and wash cycle can be, proper loading is the key to cleaner dishes. What is the best way to load a Bosch dishwasher? Placing glasses upside down on the upper rack and facing dishes inward on the bottom rack ensures access to water and detergent. Learn how to load a Bosch dishwasher but, first, here’s how the right pre-loading steps can also affect results.
Pre-Loading Tips and Tricks
Before placing a single item in the dishwasher, there are certain steps that can make the difference between clean and dirty dishes.
These pre-loading tips and tricks can improve Bosch dishwasher performance:
- Scrape, don’t rinse: Should you rinse dishes before putting them in the dishwasher? While scraping off large food particles can aid in cleaning, pre-rinsing isn’t necessary. Most dishwasher detergents work best when combined with grease and grime.
- Add detergent before washing: Whether it’s a powder, liquid or tablet, make sure you add detergent to the appropriate compartment prior to starting a wash cycle.
- Refill rinse aid as needed: Similarly, make sure you add rinse aid before a cycle begins. Refer to your user manual to determine how often to add rinse aid for your model dishwasher.
Tips for How to Load a Bosch Dishwasher Rack by Rack
Each dishwasher rack has a specific purpose to optimally clean certain items. While placing the right items in the right rack is important, positioning them correctly is just as crucial. Use the following dishwasher loading tips for cleaner dishes every time.
Your Bosch dishwasher’s bottom rack is designed to clean dinner plates, cookware, and serving platters.
Here’s how to load a Bosch dishwasher bottom rack correctly:
- Place one dish per slot and face them inward towards the spray arms.
- Fold down tines to better accommodate large cookware.
- Load taller items around the perimeter of the rack to avoid blocking the spray arms.
Designed for items like bowls, cups, mugs and glassware, the middle rack can keep these smaller pieces safely secured during washing.
Follow these tips to best load a Bosch dishwasher’s middle rack:
- Position bowls, cups and glasses upside down and at an angle for optimum cleaning, rinsing and drying.
- Fold up wine glass holders when not in use to maximize space.
- Some Bosch dishwasher middle racks have a Rackmatic System, enabling the rack to be raised and lowered to accommodate taller items.
Top Rack/Cutlery Rack
In addition to a silverware basket, many Bosch dishwashers now have a top rack for additional cutlery and larger serveware. This prevents overcrowding of the silverware basket or allows for removal of the basket altogether, increasing bottom rack space.
These tips detail how to load a Bosch dishwasher top rack and silverware basket:
- Top rack: Load one piece of cutlery per slot and position larger serveware freely throughout the rack. The top rack can also accommodate shallow bowls and saucers.
- Silverware basket: Alternate forks and spoons next to each other to prevent nesting and load knives upside down to avoid injury. The silverware basket can be removed for easy unloading or when space is needed on the bottom rack.
Knowing how to load a Bosch dishwasher properly can improve performance but won’t always prevent malfunctions. When problems strike, contact RD Appliance Service for the best Bosch dishwasher repair.